WHY BECOME A FRIEND OF THE ORCHESTRA
The Friends of the Nelson County Community Orchestra are local citizens, organizations, businesses, and orchestra members who donate money in support of the Orchestra. For our orchestra to grow and thrive, a growing Friends group is vital. As a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 your donation is 100% tax deductible.
Although we do receive some donations at our concerts your support is vital for this beloved ensemble to thrive right here in Nelson County. For our orchestra to grow, we need to grow the Friends group and increase the level of support. If you are not already a supporter, please become a Friend by making a contribution to the orchestra.
Your contributions benefit the Orchestra in several ways:
• They provide a secure base of operations by enabling a regular stipend to the music director, purchase of music, rental of rehearsal, and modest administrative and musical expenses.
• They are matching funds for possible foundation grants.
• They will help support our budding string education program.
• And perhaps most importantly, local contributions are proof of community value and support.
• Friends are recognized and listed in our printed concert programs and on our website.
Please contribute with a monetary donation to NCCO if you would like to become a Friend. Write "Orchestra Friend" in the note field and send to:
Nellysford, VA 22958.
Friends are recognized and listed in our printed concert programs, and (coming soon!) on our Website.
WE ALSO CHERISH OUR VOLUNTEERS AND IN-KIND DONORS
Volunteers are needed right now and here are some ideas of how you can help:
• Spread the word by telling one and all about our orchestra, inviting new orchestra members to join us and inviting everyone you know to our “free” concerts.
• Help form action committees to promote our community outreach, our string education program, organize our concert receptions, fund raising events and publicity, to name a few.
• Host a table in the lobby during our concerts or at the local community farmer’s market and other places throughout the community to encourage more orchestra members and audience members to join our group.
• Hand out publicity materials and send e-mails to friends and local businesses in your neighborhood.